My desire in putting together this website is to attempt to settle in the minds of believers difficult Bible questions that often give the enemies of Christianity opportunity to slander. But more than that, it is to bring some measure of rationality to public Christianity and to provoke Christians to study the Bible and search truth for themselves, rather than slavishly adhering to every dogma disseminating from the pulpit. The Bible is the source of truth, preachers are, at best, merely the conveyors of that truth. I interpret the Bible employing logical rhetoric, as opposed to the ever popular emotionalism, after all Paul reasoned the scriptures. I do not hesitate to be iconoclastic when I feel traditional interpretations are flawed. On the other hand there are times when tradition can be a safeguard against heresy.
As you peruse the articles, may you be blessed and encouraged. Feel free to write to voice your encouragement, disagreement or even suggestions. Print out the articles and read them with your bible in hand, if you need to. Most of all may you be provoked to search the scriptures for yourself to see if these things are really true. The absolute worst thing you could do is just take someone else's word regarding doctrinal issues, even mine. Check it for yourself.
I am an ordained minister in the New Testament Church of God (as it is known in Trinidad & Tobago) or the Church of God (as it is known internationally) headquartered in Cleveland, TN. However I do not write on behalf of the organization. All of my articles are based on my interpretation of the Word of God and not the church's. There are even minor points where our beliefs part ways. Although I am Pentecostal in theology, I distance myself from the practices of fringe Charismatic groups. I am married to my beautiful wife Indira.
I hold Bachelors and Masters degrees in Mechanical Engineering from The University of the West Indies, as well as a PhD in Mechanical Engineering from Florida International University in Miami. I presently work as an Associate Professor at the University of Trinidad and Tobago.
Statements of Belief
1. I believe in the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
2. I believe in one God eternally existing in three persons: namely, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
3. I believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the virgin Mary.
4. I believe that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
5. I believe that justification, regeneration and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
6. I believe holiness to be God’s standard for His people.
7. I believe that the "sign-gifts" of the Spirit are still for the church today. However, I am certainly not judgmental about this.
8. I believe in water baptism and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. I am not dogmatic over immersion vs. sprinkling, although I believe that immersion is a more appropriate representation of what we experienced in Christ.
9. I believe in the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second to reign on the earth a thousand years.
10. I believe in the bodily resurrection; in eternal life for the righteous and eternal punishment for the wicked.